Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Keep on moving

I know I tend to write about letting go a lot. No matter what I am talking about, the topic of letting go or the question of letting go tends to come up. When I encourage you to let go, I am not promoting stagnation nor am I recommending inaction. Please, let’s not get it twisted. I am simply asking that we raise our awareness of when something is working and when something is not. If there is a problem, rather WHEN there is a problem, you indisputably should try to develop a solution. Don't just sit there, thinking that the Lord and/or the universe is going to step in if you aren't doing anything. You might be waiting on a higher power when the higher power may be waiting on you to do something about your circumstances. When I say to let go, it is of those things that we've tried to change and like a bus stuck in a rut, the wheels keep turning yet the bus isn't going anywhere. When I say let go, it may be of someone who you want to be in your life but they have proven over and over again that they don't want to be there. When I say let go, it's of things or people that cause you nothing but confusion and unhappiness at times.
Letting go doesn't mean as soon as a problem arises, you throw your hands up in the air. No, no, no, no! You do all that you can but recognize when you cannot do anything else. You will be surprised at how serene you can be once you have the discernment to know when to continue, when to pause, and when to let go.
No matter what, keep on moving knowing that you truly are stronger than you believe you are. Most important, you are more than a conqueror.

Have a blessed day!!!

2 comments:

  1. I guess when I think of letting go, it's more the 'don't sweat the small stuff' mentality. We tend to get caught up in all the trivial little meaningless things that annoy us and that distracts us from our ultimate goal of peace and/or happiness. Let all that go whether by complaining and being done with it, or by taking a deep breath and realizing it is just not worth the aggrevation and stress...then move on....there are so many other things in life that are far more worthy of attention!! SD

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true!!! Don't sweat the small stuff!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete